Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gratitude


I don't know if it's the beauty of autumn, the plenitude of harvest time, the countless hours I spent in church during my childhood, or having consumed my first caffeinated coffee in months, but I find myself feeling especially blessed (yes friends...blessed) this Sunday morning. I would be remiss if I allowed the moment to pass without acknowledging the generosity and kindness of the Universe and the bounty I enjoy in my life. And I'm not just referring to the obvious things that we all take for granted daily such as our health, our jobs, our homes, our children and spouses, our country....I'm also thinking of the number of days of sunshine Utah experiences per year, the way the cat keeps my feet warm at night, the way my far away friends turn up in my dreams to remind me of their love and loyalty (thanks Amy, Leann and Keely), the absolute pure indulgence and pleasure of a good massage, the sweetness of my 3yr old's voice when she says "I love you," a good book, the burn that only a Coke can make in your throat, complete silence during a 2am feeding.........I suppose these are all "simple pleasures" and maybe not worth noting or sharing. But I hope that I can pay it forward in some Karmic way, so that they continue to come unbidden and often into my life.

1 comment:

Keely said...

Life is good. Thanks for reminding me to look for the good in the small stuff. I miss you.